Mexican Style Stuffed PepperCourse: Mexican Kitchen, Snacks
3-4 bell peppers (depending on size)
1 small onion diced
1 medium zucchini chopped
1 package of ground turkey
1/2 cup black beans
1/3 cup corn
1 small can diced tomatoes
1 cup cooked rice
Spice blend: 2 tbsp chilli powder, 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder, 3/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp cayenne
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bake the halved peppers drizzled with oil at 350°C for 25-30 min or until tender.
- While the peppers are cooking, in a pan sauté the onion and zucchini until soft then add in the turkey and season with S&P.
- Add in the seasoning blend the once the turkey has browned and pour in the diced tomatoes.
- Add in the corn and black beans, simmer for 5 min.
- Mix in the rice then once the peppers are done transfer the filling to the peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers back in the oven (top with cheese if you like) and bake for 10 min.
- Then add some toppings and enjoy.