Korean PilafCourse: Korean KitchenDifficulty: Easy
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 shallot, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp ginger, grated
1 cup vegetable broth
1/3 cup kimchi juice
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp gochujang paste
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 sunny side up egg
- Cook your shallot in the sesame oil over medium heat until translucent and soft. Then, stir in the garlic and ginger to sauté for another minute.
- Add your rice into the pan and toast it in the oil for about 3-5 mins.
- Pour in both the vegetable broth and kimchi juice over the rice and bring to a boil.
- Cover the rice and let it cook on low heat for 15 minutes without opening the lid.
- In a separate pan, combine your gochujang paste, soy sauce, and 1/2 tbsp of water and stir well.
- Once your rice is cooked through and soft, let it sit and steam for 7-10 minutes before stirring into the gochujang and soy sauce mixture.
- Serve with a sunny side up egg and toasted sesame seeds.