Gluten-Free Spiced Apple & Pear CakeCourse: Dessert Recipes
2 small apples
2 small pears
½ cup honey
120g butter, softened
½ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup gluten-free flour
⅔ cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp raw sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease a 21cm springform cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Dice one apple and one pear. Finely slice the other apple and other pear.
- Melt honey and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter together with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat to combine. Beat in the melted honey.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, and 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the diced apples and pears.
- Mix the remaining 1 tsp cinnamon and raw sugar in a small bowl.
- Carefully pour the batter into the prepared cake tin, lightly press in the sliced apples and pears, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and bake for 50-60 mins, or until cooked through.
- Leave in the oven for 10 mins with the door ajar before removing to cool completely.