Gluten-Free Focaccia Recipe
This gluten-free focaccia recipe is a perfect alternative for those who are gluten intolerant or allergic. The bread is made with a combination of gluten-free flours, herbs, and olive oil, resulting in a deliciously moist and flavorful bread that is perfect for sandwiches, dipping in soup or serving alongside a salad.The preparation is easy and the ingredients are easy to find, making this recipe perfect for any gluten-free baking enthusiast. Enjoy this tasty and healthy gluten-free bread as a delicious treat any time of the day!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend (we recommend using a blend that contains xanthan gum)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Coarse sea salt
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the gluten-free flour blend, tapioca starch, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the warm water and olive oil to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 2-3 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease a 9-inch (23cm) baking dish with olive oil.
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it to the greased baking dish and press it down evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the dough and use your fingers to create dimples in the dough.
- Sprinkle coarse sea salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder over the top of the dough.
- If desired, add some fresh rosemary to the top of the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the focaccia is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
- Use a gluten-free flour blend that contains xanthan gum. This will help give your bread a better texture and prevent it from falling apart.
- Don’t overwork the dough. Knead it just until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place. This will help it rise properly and give your bread a lighter texture.
I recently tried the Gluten-Free Focaccia Recipe and I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious it turned out! As someone who follows a gluten-free diet, it can be tough to find good bread recipes, but this one was a winner. The focaccia had a nice crispy crust on the outside and a soft, chewy texture on the inside. I also loved how easy it was to make – the recipe didn’t call for too many complicated ingredients or techniques. I added some rosemary and sea salt to the top before baking, which gave it a nice flavor boost. Overall, I would definitely recommend this recipe to anyone looking for a tasty gluten-free bread option!