Courgette and Halloumi burgers
Courgette and Halloumi burgersCourse: Vegetarian Recipes
1 large courgette
1 med-large carrot
1 block halloumi (the pack I used was 225g)
1 cup of breadcrumbs or flour
Handful fresh mint
Handful fresh coriander
Handful fresh basil
Pink salt and pepper
- Grate courgette, and peel the carrot and grate it. Put them together in a big sieve and sprinkle with salt. Leave that to draw the water out whilst you do the rest.
- Grate the halloumi, chop up the fresh herbs, and whisk the 2 eggs together.
- You need to get as much liquid out of the courgette and carrot as possible! I just used my hands and squeezed the excess water out, you can use a kitchen towel to press against it if you want.
- Then literally mix all the ingredients together, stir in your flour/breadcrumbs. You can add any other flavorings your fancy!
- Leave the patties in the fridge (uncovered) for at least 30 mins before you cook them (it’ll draw out a bit more of the water out and firm them up ready for frying I pan fried them in some olive oil for around 10 mins. Serve with whatever you fancy!