Get ready to embark on a culinary adventure with our Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Galette! This savory delight brings together the rich sweetness of caramelized onions, the earthy aroma of sautéed mushrooms, and a buttery crust that will melt in your mouth. It’s the perfect dish to impress your guests or savor on a cozy night in.
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Roll out the pie crust on a floured surface and transfer it to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook until they start to caramelize, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and continue cooking for another 5 minutes until they are softened.
- Stir in the thyme leaves, salt, and black pepper. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Spread the caramelized onion and mushroom mixture evenly onto the rolled-out pie crust, leaving a border around the edges.
- Sprinkle the grated Gruyere cheese over the top of the filling.
- Fold the edges of the pie crust over the filling, pleating as you go.
- Brush the exposed edges of the crust with the beaten egg wash.
- Bake the galette in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Slice and serve the galette warm or at room temperature.