Beef Stew with PrunesCourse: Dinner Recipes, Meat Recipes
Beef 1.3 kilograms
Plums 300 grams
Onion 2 pieces
Cinnamon 1 stick
Mixture of peppers 2 tablespoons
Chives 2 pieces
Garlic 4 cloves
Salt to taste
Cane Sugar 1 pinch
Bay leaf 1 piece
Olive oil for frying
Pomegranate for filing
Parsley (greens) for filing
- Cut beef into large cubes.
- Chop onions and fry in olive oil.
- Add the pieces of beef to the fried onions, increase the heat to maximum and fry the meat until it gets a golden crust.
- Take bones out of plums and cut into slices. Put the beef in a heat-resistant pan or roasting pan, add spices, bay leaf, sugar – salt, pour a little water and put in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 30 minutes. Instead of fresh prunes, you can use dried.
- Add the cinnamon stick to the stewed beef, continue to simmer another 30 minutes, reducing the heat in the oven to 180 degrees. 15 minutes before it’s ready remove cinnamon.
- Garnish the finished dish with pomegranate seeds, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.